Jack Morrison’s executive coaching, business and academic background encompasses a variety of experiences including:
- A management and business consultant specializing in Executive Coaching, DiSC Training, Workplace Conflict Mediation and Strategic Planning.
- Senior management positions running multiple golf facilities for the PGA Tour’s TPC Network and Cobblestone Golf Group.
- Director of Corporate Training for the country’s largest printer and publisher of medical journals in the country.
- Twenty years in academia as a public school teacher and a university professor teaching MBA courses at institutions such at The Johns Hopkins University and the University of Phoenix.
- A psychotherapist working with individuals, couples, groups and industrial clients.
- A PGA golf professional and a PSIA professional ski instructor.
Jack currently runs Morrison Business Consulting which he founded in Atlanta, GA in 1998 after taking an early retirement from the golf management industry. He offers clients services in:
Perhaps the greatest asset he brings to the coaching process is his ability to establish rapport and trust with his clients. If trust cannot be established between the coach and client, the process is likely to fail. Jack is known to be a man of unquestionable integrity and confidentiality.
During executive coaching sessions with sports minded clients he often calls upon his years as a professional athlete to compare the fundamental skills and nuances of golf and skiing to the fundamental skills and nuances of corporate management and leadership. If any client has been active in either sport, the correlations become enlightening.
He personally understands the demands of a corporate culture and can call upon his years in senior management positions as well as those spent as a corporate trainer and psychotherapist to provide insights for clients who have the desire to improve their leadership and management skills.
Prior to his early retirement in 1998, Jack spent a decade working for golf management companies including the PGA Tour’s TPC Network as General Manager and Cobblestone Golf Group as Regional Director running multiple golf facilities. His last assignment in Atlanta, GA had him overseeing five facilities with 22 direct reports and a budget of $9,000,000. During those years he was also teaching in the MBA Program at the University of Phoenix.
Before moving into golf management, he was the Director of Corporate Training for Waverly Press in Baltimore, MD. One of his responsibilities during those years included facilitating a long range Strategic Plan for the company. At night he was teaching in the MMA Program at The Johns Hopkins University.
Prior to working for Waverly Press he finished his post graduate studies. His doctoral thesis was a correlation study comparing the Personal Profile System (DiSC) with the 16 Personality Factors Questionnaire (16 PF).
His research is noted on Wikipedia if one references the Personal Profile System and DiSC.
He combined his training background with his DiSC expertise to become one of the most sought after workshop leaders in the United States using the DiSC.
After graduating from the University of Connecticut he spent 20 years as a public school teacher and a part-time ski instructor during the winter and a golf pro during the summer in Maine.